|JANUARY 10||JANUARY 30||FEBRUARY 15||FEBRUARY 25||FEBRUARY 28||MAY 1||JUNE 16-20||JUNE 17-19|
|Abstract submission for the Conference proceedings
Full paper submission for the Springer Book
|Notification of acceptance of abstracts||Notification of acceptance of full papers||Final full paper submission for the Springer Book||Payment of early registration fee||Final full paper submission for the Conference proceedings
|5th ICCGIS Conference dates||Seminar dates|
- Cartography Concepts in BigData Environment
- GIS Technologies and Related Disciplines
- Web Cartography and Digital Atlases
- Map Design and Production
- Cartographic Visualization
- Volunteer Geographic Information
- Virtual Geographic Environment
- Cartography and GIS in Education
- GPS Technologies
- Contemporary problems using geodetic coordinate
systems and map projections
- Geospatial data acquisition by remote sensing technologies
for cartographic purposes
- GIS for Geology and Natural Sciences
Seminar with EU Cooperation on Early Warning & Disaster / Crisis Management Topics
- European, Asian and World Concepts for Crises Management (CM)
and Early Warning (EW)
- Visualization of Geodata and Geoinformation in CM and EW
- User Needs and Context Mapping
- From Discovery to Full Interoperability in CM and EW
- SDI and CM: INSPIRE Influence
- "Speaking the Same Language - Semantic Aspects of CM"
- Sensor Mapping for EW and CM
ICA Commissions Meetings
- Commission on Cartography and Children
- Commission on Cartography in Early Warning and Crisis Management
- Commission on Map Projections
ICA Secretary General and Treasurer, HUNGARY
"From the early digital technologies to web 2.0 based cartography in the thematic maps"
Leader of a research group "Geo-information for Crisis Response" at the GIS Technology section, TU Delft, The NETHERLANDS
"3D GIS: the technology behind the pretty 3D picture"
Sponsor Keynote Speakers
Global Education Manager, ESRI, USA
"Cartography and other Key Components of the GIS Platform for a Mobile-first World"
Regional Channel Manager for Central and South-Eastern Europe, Hexagon Geospatial, HUNGARY
"21 century GIS workflows - Fusing the Real and Digital World"
Guidelines for Abstract and Paper writing
Instructions for publishing in Springer
Submission Guide (Important!)
Dear ICC&GIS Participants,
Thank you for your submission for the ICC&GIS 2014! The review process has already finished. The submission system is open for updates of previously submitted papers and you can upload your full papers or new versions of them. Please, meet the deadlines!
This conference foresees two publications: Conference proceedings and Springer book.
Papers intended for the Conference proceedings might be technical papers, company and institution developments, cases studies, practical solutions or research in progress. Authors must submit an abstract (200 - 300 words). Abstracts will be reviewed by one or two members of the Scientific Committee. The abstracts will be reviewed for their clarity, usability and contribution to research and development. Papers accepted on the basis of abstract will be published online and in ISSN Proceedings.
The best papers will be proposed for publishing in a book - working title:
Thematic Cartography for the Society
Editors: Bandrova T., Konecny M., Zlatanova S.
- User-friendly Internet and Web Cartography
- User-oriented Map Design and Production
- Context-oriented Cartographic Visualization
- Map interfaces for Volunteered Geographic Information
- Sensing Technologies and their integration with Maps
- Cartography in Education
Papers intended for the book should report new techniques, technology developments, frameworks or best practices, which are not published elsewhere and are within the scope of the planned book. Authors must submit full papers (max 10 pages) in Springer format. These papers will be evaluated on their originality, novelty, and impact. Full papers will be double-blind reviewed by at least two member of the Scientific Committee. The papers should be cover topics.
Papers which are not accepted for Book publication could be proposed for publication in Conference Proceedings.
A special exhibition of maps, cartographic products, GIS, hardware and software will be hosted during the Conference.
The official language of the Conference is English.